Banca Popolare di Verona
The Banca Popolare di Verona was founded on 21 June 1867 and grew very quickly, both in terms of assets and size, soon assuming remarkable importance in the economy of Verona.
After the first branch in 1927, in 1933 there followed the first opening outside of the city. In 1935 it acquired the Banca Cattolica Veronese and, in 1936, with the issue of the Banking Law, became a modern institution capable of uniting efficiency and cooperative spirit, which translated into social service and reciprocity.
After the Second World War, the institute had frequent contact with public institutions for the construction of important transit ways such as navigable canals, stretches of railways and motorways.
Since the eighties of the last century, the institute has presented itself increasingly as a bank hub: in 1993 the Banco S.Geminiano e S.Prospero entered the Group; in 1997 the Credito Bergamasco and, in 2002, the Banca Popolare di Novara. From the union with this latter came the Banco Popolare di Verona e Novara which, merging with the BPI, on 1 July 2007, created the Banco Popolare Group.